Big Bergslag canoe tour
10 - 14 days, 150 km, challenging
This tour is our longest, but has the same start and end points as the Northern Berlag tour above, extending further east to take in more diverse scenery and challenges.
|Big Bergslags tour||3300 SEK per Canoe|
Canoe, paddles, canoe cart, life jackets, watertight barrel, rope, folding spade, sponge, garbage bags, tour description.
|Excludes||For a part of the route you need a Nature card. The price of the card is 20 sek per night per person of 16 years and over.|
|Starting every day|
|Materials||Price per day||Price per week|
|50 SEK||100 SEK|
|Fuel (spiritus)||70 SEK per liter|
|Fishing rod||100 SEK||200 SEK|
|Topografic maps||160 SEK per map|
|Fishing license||Price depending on fishing area|
About the canoe tour:
From Värmlandsgården you go north following several big lakes around the border of Dalarna and Värmland provinces. You see very little civilisation in this area.
From Tyngsjö, the most northern part of the route, you go south following gently flowing rivers and peaceful lakes. From here the Big Bergslagstour makes an extension east and follows the meandering Svartälven. Here you will find plenty of beautiful places to put up your tent for the night, to swim, and if you're lucky see some beavers or other animals.
Via Lesjöfors, the only opportunity to shop, you arrive at the final part of the tour. Beautiful lakes with idyllic islands offer plenty of nice camping places. The tour ends in Sundsjön.
The 17 portages on this tour are sometimes longer. Be prepared to carry the canoe at times. Therefore the tour is a bit more adventurous and demanding than the other tours.
Nature card Svartälven: The Nature card Svartälven fee is payable for people camping along the route, and is used to maintain the camping grounds which provide windbreaks, fire pits and toilet facilities.
- If additional transport is required, an extra charge may apply.
- All adults must be able to swim. A life jacket is mandatory in Sweden.
- Luggage must be stowed in backpacks, not suitcases, allowing it to be carried over land sometimes.
- All tour parties must be equipped with a topographic map, which must be purchased separately from the office. A GPS is not accepted as an alternative to a map.
- Fishing licences can also be acquired at our office.
- If you would like to stay at the camp ground before or after your tour, please book at the office